Duties and Role of the First Aider
- He/she must be up to date with training and current knowledge.
- He/she will check the presence and condition of the First Aid Kit and replenish as necessary.
- He/she will be present during the whole rehearsal (including rigging) or performance unless prior arrangements have been made for a fully qualified deputy to maintain First Aid cover in his/her absence.
- He/she must let the Director or Stage Manager in the case of rigging etc. that he/she is the First Aider for that particular occasion.
- He/she must have access to a working phone.
- He/she must be advised of any special risks such as candles,flash pots, smoke machines and hot technical devises in use.
- He/she must have any medical information about cast members which may affect their likelihood of needing First Aid (e.g.epilepsy etc.) or medication which may cause side effects.
- The course of action he/she advises must be followed all by those around.
- He/she must check that all relevant information about any accident is in the accident book at Birchencliffe Community Centre.
- He/she may refer any accident to the committee for review and subsequent revision of the Safety Policy.
- In the event of an emergency evacuation of the building, he or she will be the first out and phone the emergency services when it is safe to do so.
Updated April 2018